All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis outstanding text for a two-semester course is geared toward physics undergraduates who have completed a basic first-year physics course. The coherent treatment offers several table features, including 300 detailed examples at various levels of difficulty, a self-contained chapter on vector algebra, and a single chapter devoted to radiation that cites interrelationships between various analysis methods. Starting with chapters on vector analysis and electrostatics, the text covers electrostatic boundary value problems, formal and microscopic theories of dielectric electrostatics and of magnetism and matter, electrostatic energy, steady currents, and induction. Additional topics include magnetic energy, circuits with nsteady currents, Maxwell's equations, radiation, electromagnetic boundary value problems, and the special theory of relativity. Exercises appear at the end of each chapter and answers to odd-numbered problems are included in one of several helpful appendixes.
- Author BiographyMunir H. Nayfeh is Professor of Physics at the Univeristy of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Morton K. Brussel is Professor Emeritus of Physics at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Author(s)Morton K. Brussel,Munir H. Nayfeh
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication24/04/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.