Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionSince the discovery of the first liquid crystal in 1888 by the Austrian biologist Friedrich Reinitzer with the considerable assistance of the German physicist Otto Lehman, who in that time had been universally recognised authority in the field of microscope technique, thousands and thousands of liquid crystals have been synthesised among them nematics, short-pitch cholesterics and various kinds of smectics such as smectic-A and smectic-C. The smectic-A or smectic-C phases grow from a nematic or unwinded large-pitch cholesteric oriented in the middle part of the cells and from strongly-deformed nematic or unwinded large-pitch cholesteric layer in the boundary regions of the liquid crystal cells.
- Author BiographyHristo Petkov Hinov, Institute of Solid State Physics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Laboratory of Liquid Crystals, Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Author(s)Hristo Petkov Hinov
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight532 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.