All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $28.01
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
About this product
- DescriptionThe present decade might be described as one in which man in the affluent countries is finally realizing that there is a bill to pay at the end of the feast-a feast at which he has eaten without inhibition, without kwing there was any need for inhibition. But w, with the situation fully clear, there is a strange n- plussedness about man's reactions. More oil wells are sought, and clean-up packages are proposed for the same old cars. There is real awareness yet that this is the end of an era, that quite new techlogies have to be built up, and that the time remaining for this is a shatteringly short 15-30 years. However, there are sources of energy other than the fossil fuels. Oil and natural gas will run out (i.e., become too expensive) in any case during the next two or three decades. There seems little point in waiting until fuel is actually rationed and cars can only be used to move from home through smog to work before we change to these new and clean sources. The time to start the change is w, for there is much to be done.
- Author(s)John O'M. Bockris
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/02/1974
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight334 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1974
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.