All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe book sets the standard on carbon materials for electrode design. For the first time, the leading experts in this field summarize the preparation techniques and specific characteristics together with established and potential applications of the different types of carbon-based electrodes. An introductory chapter on the properties of carbon together with chapters on the electrochemical characteristics and properties of the different modifications of carbon such as carbon natubes, graphene, carbon fiber, diamond or highly ordered pyrolytic graphite provide the reader with the basics on this fascinating and ubiquitous electrode material. Cutting-edge techlogies such as carbon electrodes in efficient supercapacitors, Li-ion batteries and fuel cells, or electrodes prepared by screen-printing are discussed, giving a complete but concise overview about the topic. The clearly structured book helps newcomers to grasp easily the principles of carbon-based electrodes, while researchers in fundamental and applied electrochemistry will find new ideas for further research on related key techlogies.
- Author BiographyRichard C. Alkire is Professor Emeritus of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering Charles and Dorothy Prizer Chair at the University of Illinois, Urbana, USA. He obtained his degrees at Lafayette College and University of California at Berkeley. He has received numerous prizes, including Vittorio de Nora Award and Lifetime National Associate award from National Academy. Philip N. Bartlett is Head of the Electrochemistry Section, Deputy Head of Chemistry for Strategy, and Associate Dean for Enterprise in the Faculty of Natural and Environmental Sciences at the University of Southampton. He received his PhD from Imperial College London and was a Lecturer at the University of Warwick and a Professor for Physical Chemistry at the University of Bath, before moving to his current position. His research interests include bioelectrochemistry, nanostructured materials, and chemical sensors. Jacek Lipkowski is Professor at the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of Guelph, Canada. His research interests focus on surface analysis and interfacial electrochemistry. He has authored over 120 publications and is a member of several societies, including a Fellow of the International Society of Electrochemistry.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication07/10/2015
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleAdvances in Electrochemical Sciences and Engineering
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintBlackwell Verlag GmbH
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1162 g
- Width173 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJacek Lipkowski,Philip N. Bartlett,Richard C. Alkire
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.