All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is conceived as a mograph, and represents an up-to-date collection of information concerning the use of the method of X-ray photoelectron spec- troscopy in the study of the electron structure of crystals, as well as a personal interpretation of the subject by the authors. In a natural way, the book starts in Chapter 1 with a recapitulation of the fundamentals of the method, basic relations, principles of operation, and a com- parative presentation of the characteristics and performances of the most com- monly used ESCA instruments (from the classical ones-Varian, McPherson, Hewlett Packard, and IEEE-up to the latest model developed by Professor Siegbahn in Uppsala), and continues with a discussion of some of the difficult problems the experimentalist must face such as calibration of spectra, prepara- tion of samples, and evaluation of the escape depth of electrons. The second chapter is devoted to the theory of photoemission from crystal- line solids. A discussion of the methods of Hartree-Fock and Hartree-Fock- Slater for the calculation of bonding energy levels in multielectronic systems is presented, and the necessity of including in the theory both relativistic and relaxation effects is argued.
- Author(s)V. V. Nemoshkalenko
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/04/2013
- Series TitleThe Plenum Behavior Therapy Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note45 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight575 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1979
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.