Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe field of electron and ion optics is based on the analogy between geometrical light optics and the motion of charged particles in electromagnetic fields. The spectacular development of the electron microscope clearly shows the possibilities of image formation by charged particles of wavelength much shorter than that of visible light. As new applications such as particle accelerators, cathode ray tubes, mass and energy spectrometers, microwave tubes, scanning-type analytical instruments, heavy beam techlogies, etc. emerged, the scope of particle beam optics has been exten- ded to the formation of fine probes. The goal is to concentrate as many particles as possible in as small a volume as possible. Fabrication of microcircuits is a good example of the growing importance of this field. The current trend is towards increased circuit complexity and pattern density. Because of the diffraction limitation of processes using optical photons and the techlogical difficulties connected with x-ray processes, charged particle beams are becoming popular. With them it is possible to write directly on a wafer under computer control, without using a mask. Focused ion beams offer especially great possibilities in the submicron region. Therefore, electron and ion beam techlogies will most probably playa very important role in the next twenty years or so.
- Author(s)Miklos Szilagyi
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication10/10/2011
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleMicrodevices
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight953 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.