All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.85Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionFood irradiation, the use of ionizing radiation to destroy harmful biological organism in food, is a safe, proven process that has many useful applications. It has been endorsed by numerous health organizations and has w been approved for many applications by governments around the world. Electronic Irradiation of Foods describes all the key aspects of electron accelerator techlogy in detail. It emphasizes the physical science and techlogy aspects of food irradiation using machine sources of ionizing radiation. The book provides significant technical depth for interested workers and present descriptive, introductory material that should help demystify techlogy for businessmen to make informed choices regarding important investments decisions. Introductory chapters summarize the effects of ionizing radiation on biological organisms and the organic compounds comprising foods, and give an overview of the food irradiation process. Subsequent chapters cover the details of the electron beam and x-ray energy deposition, electron accelerator techlogies, beam scanning systems, material handling systems, shielding design, and process control considerations. Important appendices cover radiation dosimetry, induced radioactivity, and ozone generation.
- Author BiographyRobert B. Miller is currently Vice-President for Technology Development for the SureBeam Corporation, the world's only company specifically devoted to food irradiation using accelerator sources of ionizing radiation. He holds a PhD in Nuclear Engineering from the Ohio State University (1973), and has held a variety of relevant technical and managerial positions in his 30-year career. He has over 30 open-literature publications, and is the author of the text An Introduction to the Physics of Intense Charged Particle Beams, Plenum (1981).
- Author(s)R. B. Miller
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleFood Engineering Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note249 black & white illustrations, 32 black & white tables, biography
- Weight538 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2005
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.