All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis text on the electrical, optical, magnetic, and thermal properties of materials stresses concepts rather than mathematical formalism. Suitable for advanced undergraduates, it is intended for materials and electrical engineers who want to gain a fundamental understanding of alloys, semiconductor devices, lasers, magnetic materials, and so forth. The book is organized to be used in a one-semester course; to that end each section of applications, after the introduction to the fundamentals of electron theory, can be read independently of the others. Many examples from engineering practice serve to provide an understanding of common devices and methods. Among the modern applications covered are: high-temperature superconductors, optoelectronic materials, semiconductor device fabrication, xerography, magneto-optic memories, and amorphous ferromagnetics. The fourth edition has been revised and updated with an emphasis on the applications sections, which w cover devices of the next generation of electronics.
- Author BiographyRolf E. Hummel is a Professor Emeritus of Materials Science and Engineering at the University of Florida, Gainesville, USA. He received his Ph.D (Dr. rer.nat.) in 1963 from the University of Stuttgart, Germany and the Max-Planck Institute for Materials Research, also in Stuttgart. He has been at the University of Florida since graduation, only interrupted by Sabbatical stays in Japan, Korea, China, New Zealand, France, Vietnam, Germany, and Colorado. His previous publications include Optical Properties of Metals and Alloys (1971), Electro-and Thermo-Transport in Metals and Alloys (ed.),(1977), the two-volume Handbook of Optical Properties (ed.), (1996), and Understanding Materials Science 2nd Ed. (2004). His books are widely appraised for their easy understandability.
- Author(s)Rolf E. Hummel
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/06/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight919 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement4th ed. 2011. Corr. 3rd printing 2013
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.