All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionThin films are widely used in the electronic device industry. As the trend for miniaturization of electronic devices moves into the nascale domain, the reliability of thin films becomes an increasing concern. Building on the author's previous book, Electronic Thin Film Science by Tu, Mayer and Feldman, and based on a graduate course at UCLA given by the author, this new book focuses on reliability science and the processing of thin films. Early chapters address fundamental topics in thin film processes and reliability, including deposition, surface energy and atomic diffusion, before moving onto systematically explain irreversible processes in interconnect and packaging techlogies. Describing electromigration, thermomigration and stress migration, with a closing chapter dedicated to failure analysis, the reader will come away with a complete theoretical and practical understanding of electronic thin film reliability. Kept mathematically simple, with real-world examples, this book is ideal for graduate students, researchers and practitioners.
- Author BiographyKing-Ning Tu is a Professor in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at the University of California at Los Angeles. Since receiving his Ph.D. in Applied Physics from Harvard University in 1968, he has gained 25 years' experience at IBM T. J. Watson Research Center as a Research Staff Member in the Physical Science Department. He is a Fellow of the American Physical Society, The Metallurgical Society (TMS), and an Overseas Fellow of Churchill College, Cambridge University. Professor Tu has published over 450 journal papers, authored a book (Solder Joint Technology, 2007) and co-authored a textbook (Electronic Thin Film Science, 1992).
- Author(s)King-Ning Tu
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/11/2010
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note186 b/w illus. 23 tables
- Weight970 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.