All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.61
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.18
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $70.76
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.16
- AU $7.82Trending at AU $8.33
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $33.33
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.62
About this product
- DescriptionWhy does the light in your bedroom turn on when you flip a switch? How does a remote controlled car move? And how do the blinking lights on your TV and microwave work, anyway? The techlogy in your house may seem magical, but most of it wouldn't run without electricity. Electronics for Kids demystifies electricity and teaches you to build awesome electronics projects, all on your own. First, you'll learn how circuits, voltage, and current work, and then you'll apply that kwledge in hands-on projects. Each part of the book focuses on different fundamental electronics concepts.Play with electricity to figure out how it works: Make an intruder alarm with a gigantic aluminum foil switchTurn metal into an electromagnetTransform a cup, some magnets, and wire into a spinning motorPower a light with a lemon batteryLearn about basic components, read schematics, and get soldering: Blink an LED with resistors, capacitors, and relaysBuild your own touch sensorCreate a musical instrument that makes sci-fi soundsExplore digital electronics: Discover how binary numbers can represent anything, even lettersBuild electronic dice with logic gates and LEDsMake an electronic lock and learn about digital countersAt the end of the book, you'll combine your new electronic superpowers to create a voice changer that makes you sound like a robot! Start tinkering and exploring electricity with Electronics for Kids, and learn how to build the inventions of your wildest dreams.
- Author BiographyOyvind Dahl built his first circuit at age 14 and has been passionate about electronics ever since. Dahl has a Masters degree in Electronics from the University of Oslo, writes technical guides for Tek.no, and travels the world while teaching workshops in electronics. He also writes popular, beginner-friendly tutorials at www.build-electronic-circuits.com.
- Author(s)Oyvind Nydal Dahl
- PublisherNo Starch Press,US
- Date of Publication29/07/2016
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationDaly City, California
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNo Starch Press,US
- Weight736 g
- Width180 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.