All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionRecently, the electrotechlogies based on the effects of pulsed electric fields (PEF), such as ohmic heating (OH) and DC electric field, have gained real interest in the field of food processing. These techniques efficiently enhance methods of extraction from food plants and dehydration of biosolids. The PEF and pulsed OH techniques preserve the nutritional, functional, structural and sensory properties of products better than conventional extraction techlogies. The electrofiltration and electro-osmotic dewatering can be very effective for the separation of bioproducts and dehydration of food wastes. The first source book in the field, this book gives an overview the fundamental principles of electrical techniques, electrophysical properties of foods and agricultural products, application of various emerging electrotechlogies for enhancing the solid-liquid separation and drying processes, extraction techniques of pigments, processing methods of different in-plant tissues and biosolids, electro-osmotic dewatering and electrofiltration of biomaterials, recent industrial- scale gains, and other aspects. Each chapter is complementary to other chapters and addresses the latest efforts in the field.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleFood Engineering Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note157 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, biography
- Weight456 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byEugene Vorobiev,Nikolai Lebovka
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2008
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.