All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.29Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 1980s Louise Fili raised the bar on book cover design, creating more than two thousand inspiring jacket designs as art director for Pantheon Books. With her own firm, Louise Fili Ltd., founded in 1989, she has set a new standard for restaurant and food packaging design. Kwn for her lavish and elegant typography, Fili has won numerous awards for her designs. Elegantissima is the first mograph on her work and a must-have for anyone interested in design and good food. Includes a foreword by Steven Heller.
- Author BiographyLouise Fili Ltd, founded in 1989, specializes in logo, package, restaurant, type, book and book jacket design. A senior designer for Herb Lubalin from 1976-1978, Louise Fili was art director for Pantheon Books from 1978-1989, where she designed over 2000 book jackets. She has received awards from every major design competition, including Gold and Silver medals from the Society of Illustrators and the New York Art Directors Club, the Premio Grafico from the Bologna Book Fair, and three James Beard award nominations. Fili has taught and lectured on design and typography and her work is in the permanenet collection of the Library of Congress, the Cooper-Hewitt Museum, and the Biliotheque Nationale. She was the recipient of a National Endowment for the Arts design grant to study the work of W.A. Dwiggins and is co-author, with Steven Heller, of Italian Art Deco, Dutch Moderne, British Modern, Deco Type, German Modern, Design Connoisseur, Deco Espana, Typology and Euro Deco. Fili was recently inducted into the Art Directors Hall of Fame.
- Author(s)Louise Fili
- PublisherPrinceton Architectural Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton Architectural Press
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1139 g
- Width222 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.