Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThe Advanced Study Institute on 'Elementary Excitations in Solids, Molecules, and Atoms' was held at the University of Antwerp (U.I.A.) from June 18th till June 30th 1973. The In- stitute was sponsored by NATO. Co-sponsors were: Agfa-Gevaert N.V. (Mortsel - Belgium), Bell Telephone Mfg. Co. (Antwerp- Belgium), the National Science Foundation (Washington D.C. - U.S.A.) and the University of Antwerp (U.I.A.). A total of 120 lecturers and participants attended the Institute. Over the last few years, substantial progress has been made in the description of the elementary excitations of the elec- tronic and vibrational systems and their interactions. Parallel with this, the experimentalists have obtained outstanding re- sults, partly as a result of availability of coherent light sour- ces from the far infrared through the visible region, and partly because of the availability of synchrotron radiation sources in the soft X-ray region. The results of today will lead to fur- ther progress over the next years. It was the purpose of this NATO Advanced Study Institute to present astate of the art, namely a survey of experiment and theory.
- Author(s)A. B. Kunz,Jozef T. Devreese,T. C. Collins
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/12/2012
- Series TitleNATO Science Series B
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight764 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1974
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.