All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis second volume of Elementary Particle Physics, Foundations of the Standard Model , concentrates on the main aspects of the Standard Model by addressing developments from its establishments to recent progress and some future prospects. Two subjects are clearly separated which cover dynamics of the electroweak and strong interactions, but basso continuo throughout the book is a bridge between theory and experiments. All the basic formulas are derived from the first principle, and corrections to meet the experimental accuracy are explained. This volume is a logical step up from volume I but can also be considered and used as an independent mograph for high energy and theoretical physicists, as well as astromers, graduate students and lecturers in physics.
- Author BiographyYorikiyo Nagashima is Professor Emeritus at the Department of Physics of Osaka University, Japan. An organizer of international conferences, he is also a member of the most important collaboration groups in his field of expertise, including those related to neutrino research. Professor Nagashima was the spokesman of the VENUS group, one of the major detectors of the Japanese first collider accelerator TORISTAN, where he served the first and second term at the start of the project. Professor Nagashima has authored or co-authored 296 papers, some of them cited up to 250 times.
- Author(s)Yorikiyo Nagashima
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication06/02/2013
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Weight1470 g
- Width177 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.