Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis is w the third edition of a text that is already well established as one of the standard undergraduate books on the subject of elementary particle physics. Professor Hughes has updated the whole text in line with current particle menclature and has added material to cover important new developments. There is also a completely new major chapter on particle physics and cosmology, an exciting subject which has become an area of increasing importance in recent years. In this field much can be learnt from the way the subject developed, and so, where this helps its understanding, an historical treatment is used. At all stages the theoretical development is closely linked to the relevant experimental measurements, providing a sound foundation to what might otherwise appear as a rather abstract subject. This book will fill the need for an introductory undergraduate textbook aimed at students taking a first course in this fascinating area of modern physics.
- Author(s)I. S. Hughes
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/11/1991
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note165 b/w illus.
- Weight670 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.