Elementary Physical Education Assessment and Curriculum: A Practical Guide by Christine J. Hopple (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $95.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionAssessments are a part of a physical educator's daily life. But most teachers struggle to find eugh time to analyze their curriculum and develop assessments to track students' learning.</p>Enter <i>Elementary Physical Education Teaching & Assessment: A Practical Guide, Second Edition</i>. This guide is designed to make the assessment process t only easier but also more manageable. Assessment becomes t a burden in a teacher's life but an essential teaching tool that assists students in learning what they need to learn--and indeed can motivate and challenge them to take charge of their learning.</p>This book, greatly expanded and revised from its original publication as <i>Teaching for Outcomes in Elementary Physical Education</i>, will help teachers</p>- plan and implement school- or district-wide curriculum based on the latest NASPE (National Association for Sport and Physical Education) Standards (2004);- create their own assessment tools;- understand, develop, and use alternative methods of assessment;- assess program effectiveness and students' progress toward understanding and acquisition of movement and fitness concepts and skills; and- design and use rubrics for each assessment task.</p>In addition, teachers using this guide will learn to- streamline and manage their day-to-day assessment tasks and paperwork, applying the techlogy most suited to assist them;- interpret and communicate assessment results effectively; and- make assessments an integrated part of their program.</p>In <i>Elementary Physical Education Teaching & Assessment: A Practical Guide, Second Edition</i>, teachers will discover tips for handling paperwork, tools for communicating with parents, and practical guidance on coordinating teaching and assessment and dealing with grading issues. In addition, they will find more sample rubrics, more assessment tasks, and more curriculum ideas. Dozens of reproducibles complete the most comprehensive and practical book available on assessment in elementary physical education. </p>
- Author BiographyChristine Hopple is an experienced physical education teacher who has conducted extensive research on elementary physical education pedagogy. She is a member of the United States Physical Education Association, the American National Association for Sport and Physical Education and the Illinois Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance.
- Author(s)Christine J. Hopple
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2005
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note53 illustrations
- Weight853 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.