All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis excellent text is the result of over 30 years of teaching university courses on continuum mechanics. The author's lecture tes have been adopted by professors at other universities and w these tes have been refined and converted into a book. It serves as a learning tool for all levels of engineers and advanced engineering students. It features heavily solved examples and exercises that benefit the reader by clearly demonstrating the ideas discussed; these will form about 60% of each chapter. This book provides an up to date, practical explanation of continuum mechanics that will appeal to students and practising engineers alike. It features many solved examples and exercises that demonstrate the ideas presented. It correlates ideas with concepts learned in lower level undergraduate classes, in order to make the material more accessible and comprehensible to a wider range of students. It is written in a clear and easy-to-read style and provides a thorough overview of n-linear continuum mechanics. It features applications using numerical calculation tools (for example in electronics, materials science and surgery), with mathematical coverage geared towards engineering students. This publication is ideal for third year undergraduates/graduates, researchers in civil and mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, aerospace and geological engineering and also applied maths advanced undergrad and graduate students, and practising engineers.
- Author BiographyROMESH C. BTARA is the Clifton C. Garvin Professor, Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics, at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. He earned his B.Sc. at Panjabi (now called Thapar) University, Patiala, India, his M.A.Sc. at the University of Waterloo, Canada, and his Ph.D. at the Johns Hopkins University in the U.S. He received the Alexander Von Humboldt Research Award in 1992 and the Reissner Medal from the International Society of Computational Engineering Science, Inc. in 1998 and has published more than 265 articles in peer-reviewed journals. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Mechanics, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Society of Engineering Science, and American Society of Engineering Education.
- Author(s)Romesh C. Batra
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2005
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight672 g
- Width172 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.