All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA very welcome addition to books on number theory. - Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society Clear and detailed in its exposition, this text can be understood by readers with background in advanced mathematics, and only a small part requires a working kwledge of calculus. Topics include divisibility theory, important number-theoretic functions, basic properties of congruences as well as congruences in one unkwn and of the second degree, and primitive roots and indices. One of the most valuable characteristics of this book is its emphasis on learning number theory by means of demonstrations and problems. More than 200 problems and full solutions appear in the text, plus 100 numerical exercises. Some of these exercises deal with estimation of trigometric sums and are especially valuable as introductions to more advanced studies.
- Author BiographyIvan Matveevich Vinogradov (1891-1983) was among the Soviet Union's most prominent 20th-century mathematicians and noted as one of the creators of modern analytic number theory.
- Author(s)I. M. Vinogradov
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication26/02/2016
- Series TitleDover Books on Mathematics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight295 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.