Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionNumerical analysis deals with the manipulation of numbers to solve a particular problem. This book discusses in detail the creation, analysis and implementation of algorithms to solve the problems of continuous mathematics. An input is provided in the form of numerical data or it is generated as required by the system to solve a mathematical problem. Subsequently, this input is processed through arithmetic operations together with logical operations in a systematic manner and an output is produced in the form of numbers. Covering the fundamentals of numerical analysis and its applications in one volume, this book offers detailed discussion on relevant topics including difference equations, Fourier series, discrete Fourier transforms and finite element methods. In addition, the important concepts of integral equations, Chebyshev Approximation and Eigen Values of Symmetric Matrices are elaborated upon in separate chapters. The book will serve as a suitable textbook for undergraduate students in science and engineering.
- Author BiographyRadhey S. Gupta is former professor and head in the Department of Mathematics at Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee. He also served as Director at the Trinity Institute of Higher Education (Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University), New Delhi. Gupta was a visiting professor at Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok and University of Florence, Italy. He has more than thirty-five years of experience in teaching and research in the field of numerical analysis with specialization in moving boundary problems.
- Author(s)Radhey S. Gupta
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1040 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.