All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRichard Dawkins has called pantheism sexed-up atheism. At the heart of modern scientific pantheism is reverence for Nature and the Universe. It offers a challenging alternative, beyond theism and atheism, with a joyful approach to our lives and a caring concern for all life on this earth. Pantheism is a 2,500 year-old belief system expressed by many famous thinkers and artists including Lao Tzu, Heraclitus, Spiza, Wordsworth, Whitman, Emerson, Einstein and Carl Sagan. Today pantheism is seeing a revival as the underlying world view of many environmentalists, of leading scientists, of nature-revering pagans, and of n-theists looking for a more embracing perspective. This accessible and authoritative handbook is the only available introduction to the history, theory and practice of pantheism. Reviews from Amazon Surely one of the most extraordinary books written in recent years about the subject of religion. If you are concerned about the Earth and the way we are treating it in our culture you will want to read this book. Wally Weet Probably the best book to recommend to someone who is longer comfortable living with the intellectual compromises necessary to maintain a traditional faith. George R Faulkner I strongly recommended it to all who feel a profound connection with nature and the universe. C. Lacasse Explains in a clear, informative style why pantheism is a workable, honest, and appropriate philosophy and way of life for our times. Seamoth Kindle edition is also available on Amazon, viewable also by iPads etc.
- Author BiographyDr Paul Harrison is the founder and president of the World Pantheist Movement and the creator of the Web's two largest sites on pantheism. He is a laureate of the UN Environment Programme's Global 500 award for his books on environment, population and development.
- Author(s)Dr Paul Harrison
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.