CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionColorful hedonism, Maya Gold's view from above, where here meets there, Guto Lacaz and the physics of juggling, the art of collage, interview with Lou Beach, Mike Meire's own provate Bauhaus, the limits of Tom Hingston's control, art chemistry, the infinite play, earthquakes in Berlin, and Raymond Pettibon.Elephant a quarterly magazine from the makers of Framefocuses its keen eye on art and visual culture. Lately, creative individuals have been protesting against the corporate nature of things, often taking the initiative and setting up new independent ventures. Elephant looks at how it s done. Elephant visits art and design studios, peers over shoulders, steps on graffiti artists toes, disturbs rehearsals, interrupts takes, rides fixed-gear bikes, and plays the latest computer games.Elephant s tone of voice is direct, sincere and multidisciplinary. Elephant believes it s time for less cynicism and more encouragement for outbursts of spontaneitythink of those that gave birth to futurism, dadaism and surrealism.Elephant is the first and only visually oriented art magazine that features over two hundred pages of high-quality, up-to-date, original creative material from all over the world.What readers will find in each issue of Elephant Meetings: This section focuses on ideas, personalities, and cultures.Research: Shines a light on forecasts, movements, and styles. Studio Visits includes chats in ateliers, garages, and back gardens.Ecomies: Looks at how people started their businesses, from initial ideas to actual plans and bank loans.Cities: Highlights creative cities around the globe, sharing images, characters, and special stories.
- Author BiographyMarc Valli is a writer, founder of the retail chain Magma, and founder of Elephant magazine.
- PublisherFrame Publishers BV
- Date of Publication23/12/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleElephant Magazine
- Series Part/Volume Number05
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintFrame Publishers BV
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight862 g
- Width218 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMarc Valli
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.