All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about the history and future of life and the universe, written at a level that any educated lay-person can understand and enjoy. It describes our place in time and space, how we got here and where we are going. It will take you on a journey from the beginning of time to the end of the universe to uncover our origins and reveal our destiny. It will explain how mankind acquired this kwledge starting from the beginning of civilization when the ancient Greeks first began to ask questions about the nature of the world around them. Ben Moore takes us on a path of discovery that connects astrophysics with subjects as varied as biology, neuroscience and evolution; from the origin of atoms to how stars shine and die, from ants and elephants to space travel and extra-terrestrial life. But as our universe grows older and its stars fade away and stop shining, can life continue for eternity or is all life destined for complete extinction? And what is the purpose of all of this anyway?! On the German edition: With his public talks and his new book Elefanten im All the Brit is on his way of becoming a popstar of science. Moore has a story to tell. The story of everything. From the beginning to the end of our existence. And he does so with esprit and catching passion. Rico Bandle, Weltwoche, 1. November 2012 The kind of book you come across only every few years. Artur K. Vogel, Der Bund, September 2012.
- Author BiographyBen Moore (*1966) is Professor of Astrophysics at the University of Zurich, Switzerland and has authored over 200 scientific papers ranging from the origins of planets and galaxies to dark matter and dark energy. A British citizen, he gained his PhD from the University of Durham and spent several years as a research fellow in the United States of America. Moore's research group at the University of Zurich's Institute for Theoretical Physics simulates the universe using custom built supercomputers. Under his artist name Professor Moore , he plays guitars with the electro-rock band Milk67 and is currently working on a solo album. He has also organised and played on a love-mobile during the 2010 Zurich Street Parade. Moore has been living in Switzerland for the past 10 years, where apart from his music he enjoys mountaineering, snowboarding and an occasional game of Quake.
- Author(s)Ben Moore
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication31/05/2014
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleAstronomers' Universe
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight320 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.