All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis collaborative book has a twofold purpose. On the one hand, the authors present a new framework - Radical Minimalism. The development of such a framework, with a strong basis on mathematics and physics, was born out of the conviction that, if language is really a natural object, there is a priori reason to study it in isolation from other natural systems. On the other hand, this work represents a significant simplification of the theory of displacement and so-called empty categories within the latest development of Chomsky's Strong Minimalist Hypothesis, applying Occam's razor and fulfilling Lakatos' requirements for scientific evolution. Radical Minimalism thus accounts t only for the phemena orthodox minimalism has explanations for, but also for empirical problems that have t yet been taken into consideration.
- Author BiographyDiego Gabriel Krivochen is assistant lecturer and researcher at the University of Potsdam, Slavistics Department. His recent publications include articles on theoretical Radical Minimalism and its applications, as well as co-authored papers on comparative syntax and semantics, and a monograph in this series. Peter Kosta is Chair and Full Professor of Slavic Linguistics at the Slavic Department of the University of Potsdam. He is author of monographs and articles on generative syntax, biolinguistics, theory of language, language typology and universals in natural languages.
- Author(s)Diego Gabriel Krivochen,Peter Kosta
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication29/05/2013
- Series TitlePotsdam Linguistic Investigations - Potsdamer Linguistische Untersuchungen - Recherches Linguistiques a Potsdam
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight360 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.