All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionElizabeth Blackadder has been respected as a printmaker for over four decades and, during that time, has experimented with a range of diverse media including lithography, etching, aquatint, drypoint, woodcut and screenprint. Christopher Allan examines these media one by one to reveal how Blackadder has successfully exploited the characteristics of each printmaking method to create a range of original prints. Blackadder first experimented with printmaking during her student days in the early 1950s and her first prints were published in 1958. From these beginnings, Blackadder has worked with a range of studios and publishers, including Curwen Studio, The Mercury Gallery, Peacock Printers and, most extensively, the Glasgow Print Studio. Her work is presented thematically and this approach reveals her constant interest in still-life composition, and her interpretations of the natural world, from landscapes to animals. The broad chrological approach of the introductory essays charts her progress in printmaking. This book is the first to illustrate and catalogue every published print made by Blackadder from the 1950s to the present day.
- Author BiographyChristopher Allan was Senior Assistant Keeper, then Deputy Director, of the Hunterian Art Gallery, University of Glasgow from 1977 to 1996. He now devotes himself to full-time painting.
- Author(s)Christopher Allan
- PublisherLund Humphries Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2003
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLund Humphries Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteIncludes 86 colour and 61 b&w illustrations
- Weight830 g
- Width220 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.52Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.