Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by qbdbooks
- Est. delivery by 30 Aug
- AU $11.50Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe wardrobe of Queen Elizabeth II, as befits any monarch, is one of exquisite and sumptuous occasion frocks, dignified hats and coats for state visits and national walkabouts and practical clothes for off-duty pursuits. At every appearance, her public watch her closely and her outfits always come in for scrutiny and comment. Published to coincide with her Diamond Jubilee year, this remarkable book takes a fond look back at the days when her Majesty led the way in terms of fashion, showcasing the best of the world's designers. From the coronation to the present day the Queen has attracted comment, but in the fifties and sixties particularly she was a style icon, copied and adored. In the 1950s her wardrobe was characterized by romantic, glamorous, yet practical dresses, with fashionable nipped-in waists and full skirts. A more tailored silhouette took over in the 1960s. While in the 1970s she embraced a more floaty, relaxed style to match the feel of the decade. Looking at the fabulous vintage wardrobe of our Queen tells us much about the times she has lived in as well as a glimpse into the archives of fashion. From the feminine, intricately embroidered New Look dresses of Norman Hartnell through the more tailored simplicity of Hardy Amies to the more flowing style of Ian Thomas in the 1970s, the Queen's wardrobe has been inspirational in terms of vintage fashion. This sartorial biography charts a woman's move from wasp-waisted princess to stately national icon and is a must-buy for the vintage clothes enthusiast as much as for dedicated followers of her Majesty the Queen.
- Author BiographyJane Eastoe has been a journalist and author for over 25 years. She was chief contributor to the National Trust Book of the Countryside and is author of Wild Food, Mushrooms, Home Grown Fruit, Allotments and Britain by Bike, all published by National Trust Books.
- Author(s)Jane Eastoe
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication19/04/2012
- SubjectBiography: Royalty
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPavilion Books
- Out-of-print date16/02/2017
- Weight490 g
- Width205 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.62Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $43.43Trending at AU $48.15
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $22.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.