All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis study chronicles the life and career of Ellen Stewart and her experimental theater, Cafe La Mama. Once an accomplished Black fashion designer, Stewart--with experience in theater--founded and developed one of the most influential experimental theaters in the world. The volume includes a short biography, a chrology of the most significant events related to Stewart and La Mama, a record of the more than 1400 plays produced at La Mama, and an antated bibliography. Appendices list La Mama's Obie awards, awards won by Stewart, and shows directed by Stewart. The volume presents a fascinating account of the physical, emotional, and political conditions surrounding the history of Cafe La Mama, while focusing on a Black American artist who boldly forged a niche in an area previously inaccessible to Black women.
- Author BiographyBARBARA LEE HORN is Assistant Professor in the Department of Speech, Communication Science and Theater at St. John's University in New York. Her publications include The Age of Hair: Evolution and Impact of Broadway's First Rock Musical (1991), Joseph Papp: A Bio-Bibliography (1992), David Merrick: A Bio-Bibliography (1992), and Collen Dewhurst: A Bio-Bibliography (1993), all published by Greenwood Press.
- Author(s)Barbara Lee Horn
- Date of Publication30/08/1993
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleBio-Bibliographies in the Performing Arts
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 41.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight685 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.