Save on Travel Guides
- AU $81.77Trending at AU $86.81
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $45.12
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $32.07Trending at AU $38.51
- AU $41.49Trending at AU $42.41
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $31.67
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionThe half-timbered house, built for the harbour-master in the early 16th century when Smallhythe was a thriving shipbuilding yard, was the home of the Victorian actress Ellen Terry from 1899 to 1928 and contains her fascinating theatre collection. The cottage grounds include her rose garden, orchard, nuttery, a wonderful display of wild flowers and the Barn Theatre, which hold exhibitions and regular performances of plays, music and talks.
- Author BiographyJoy Melville is the author of Ellen and Edy, the life of Ellen Terry and her daughter Edith Craig. She was on the editorial staff of Punch and New Society before becoming a freelance journalist and author.
- Author(s)Joy Melville,National Trust
- PublisherNational Trust
- Date of Publication01/01/1997
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationSwindon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Trust
- Content Note50 colour illustrations
- Weight120 g
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine3 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.