All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe definitive mograph, created in close collaboration with the artist (1923-2015), a pioneer of abstract art, who influenced subsequent generations of artists such as Tauba Auerbach, Matt Conrs and Alex Israel. This definitive mograph, and the last book to be created in close collaboration with the artist, a pioneer of abstract art and one of the most distinctive and influential artists of our time, maps his prolific and diverse oeuvre from the 1940s to his final projects before his death in late 2015. Encompassing his paintings, sculptures, drawings, photographs, postcards and prints, and including the iconic mochromatic paintings for which he has become best kwn, this mograph includes a chrological survey by Kelly expert Tricia Y. Paik. Enriched with in-depth interviews with Kelly, images from his personal archive, artworks by the artists who have inspired him and his own works, this survey celebrates Kelly's individual approach to his art. This mograph also features short essays by leading writers and critics, Robert Storr, Richard Shiff, Gary Garrels and Gavin Delahunty, and an illustrated narrative chrology mapping Kelly's life and work, with many never before published images. Features: - Beautiful book production values including topped-in divider pages and a red cloth slipcase with stamping. - All of his major works and periods, from his early figurative art to his distinctive paintings featuring blocks of single, flat colours and silhouetted shapes; from his prints and drawings to his large scale outdoor sculptures. - A survey text and narrative chrology by Kelly expert Tricia Y Paik features new insights from the artist following in-depth interviews, as well as never-before-published images, sketches and other material from his personal archives. - Short essays by leading art historians, curators and writers: Robert Storr, Richard Shiff, Gary Garrels and Gavin Delahunty.
- Author BiographyTricia Paik is the curator of contemporary art at the Indianapolis Museum of Art. She was formerly associate curator of modern and contemporary art at the Saint Louis Art Museum, and has also held positions at the Museum of Modern Art and the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Author(s)Tricia Paik
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication26/10/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight3062 g
- Width238 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine45 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.