All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionFor nearly a half century, Dr. Simons has dominated the study of primate evolution. This volume summarizes the current state of kwledge in many aspects of primate and human evolution that have been studied by Simons and his colleagues and place it in a broader paleontological and historical perspective. The book contains the results of new research as well as reviews of many of the critical issues in primate and human evolution during the last half of the twentieth century.
- Author BiographyElwyn Simons has held professional appointments at Yale University (1960-1977), Duke University (1977-present), and was the Director of the Duke Primate Center (1977-1991) and Scientific Director (1991-2001). He has authored nearly 300 scientific publications and is the holder of many high honors. He is a member of the United States National Academy of Sciences, the American Philosophical Society, as well as many other professional associations. He was elected a Knight of the National Order by the government of Madagascar and has been the recipient of many awards including the prestigious Charles R. Darwin Award for Lifetime Achievement from the American Association of Physical Anthropologists.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Series TitleDevelopments in Primatology: Progress and Prospects
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note161 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight724 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byChristopher C. Gilbert,John G. Fleagle
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2008
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.