All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmbassytown: a city of contradictions on the outskirts of the universe. Avice is an immerser, a traveller on the immer, the sea of space and time below the everyday, w returned to her birth planet. Here on Arieka, humans are t the only intelligent life, and Avice has a rare bond with the natives, the enigmatic Hosts - who cant lie. Only a tiny cadre of unique human Ambassadors can speak Language, and connect the two communities. But an unimaginable new arrival has come to Embassytown. And when this Ambassador speaks, everything changes. Catastrophe looms. Avice kws the only hope is for her to speak directly to the alien Hosts. And that is impossible.
- Author BiographyChina Mieville lives and works in London. He is three-time winner of the prestigious Arthur C. Clarke Award (Perdido Street Station, Iron Council and The City & The City) and has also won the British Fantasy Award twice (Perdido Street Station and The Scar). The City & The City, an existential thriller, was published in 2009 to dazzling critical acclaim and drew comparison with the works of Kafka and Orwell (The Times) and Philip K. Dick (Guardian). His most recent novel, Kraken, was published in 2010.
- PrizesShortlisted for Arthur C. Clarke Award 2012.
- Author(s)China Mieville
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication05/01/2012
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Weight296 g
- Width128 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementReprints
- Reading Age16
- Interest AgeFrom 16
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.34Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $60.03Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.57Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.