All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first in a series of three books that teach the fundamentals of embedded systems as applied to the MSP432 of microcontroller. This first book is an introduction to computers and interfacing focusing on assembly language and C programming. The second book Embedded Systems: Real-Time Interfacing to the MSP432 Microcontroller focuses on hardware/software interfacing and the design of embedded systems. This first book is an introductory book that could be used at the college level with little or prerequisites. An embedded system is a system that performs a specific task and has a computer embedded inside. A system is comprised of components and interfaces connected together for a common purpose. This book is an introduction to embedded systems. Specific topics include microcontrollers, fixed-point numbers, the design of software in assembly language and C, elementary data structures, programming input/output including interrupts, analog to digital conversion, digital to analog conversion. This book employs many approaches to learning. It will t include an exhaustive recapitulation of the information in data sheets. First, it begins with basic fundamentals, which allows the reader to solve new problems with new techlogy. Second, the book presents many detailed design examples. These examples illustrate the process of design. There are multiple structural components that assist learning. Checkpoints, with answers in the back, are short easy to answer questions providing immediate feedback while reading. Simple homework, with answers to the odd questions on the web, provides more detailed learning opportunities. The book includes an index and a glossary so that information can be searched. The most important learning experiences in a class like this are of course the laboratories. Each chapter has suggested lab assignments. More detailed lab descriptions are available on the web. Specifically for this volume, look at the lab assignments for EE319K. For Volume 2, refer to the EE445L labs. There is a web site accompanying this book http: //users.ece.utexas.edu/ valva/arm. Posted here are ARM Keil uVision and Texas Instruments Code Composer Studio projects for each of the example programs in the book. You will also find data sheets and Excel spreadsheets relevant to the material in this book. The book will cover embedded systems for ARM Cortex-M microcontrollers with specific details on the MSP432.
- Author BiographyJonathan Valvano has been teaching microcontrollers and embedded systems at the University of Texas at Austin for 35 years. He has written eight college textbooks. His textbooks on have been widely used around the world, with a total sales of over 20,000 books. He earned his BS and MS from MIT in 1977 in the fields of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering. In 1981, he received his PhD from Harvard-MIT in the field of biomedical engineering. He has over 100 journal papers, 9 book chapters and 10 patents in the medical device research area. He is a cofounder of a successful medical device company, specializing in miniature and low-power cardiac measurements. The reason he has received numerous teaching awards at the University of Texas is because he and his students share a common interest at the very core of the education process: the students' own success. Together with Professor Yerraballi he has produced two widely successful MOOCs on edX. It is difficult to find a professor that tries harder to educate and inspire his students than Professor Valvano - Robin Tsang. Valvano lives by this motto, There are three steps to immortality: acknowledge your limitations, ask for forgiveness, and then do something special today to make the world a better place.
- Author(s)Jonathan W Valvano
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.