All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionFE and other post-16 tutors are increasingly being asked to embed and develop English and maths skills in their lessons, and the revised common inspection framework from Ofsted places an increased emphasis on this. You may lack confidence or the required background kwledge to do this, or be struggling to find ideas that will engage and motivate your learners. Specifically written for use within vocational contexts, this text provides you with a theoretical understanding of the issues involved, including barriers to learning and how to overcome these. In addition it offers a range of practical strategies and ideas to get you started and build confidence and competence in your students. Each activity is accompanied by detailed tes that highlight key learning points, the development of vocational skills and extension opportunities.
- Author BiographyA qualified teacher and Ofsted inspector, Terry has worked in education for 30 years, both in this country and the USA. He has taught literacy and numeracy in schools, colleges and adult and community learning for over 25 years. Terry was a coach and cohort leader on the National Teaching and Learning Change programme, designed to improve the teaching of literacy and numeracy in a number of contexts. He runs his own successful educational consultancy and regularly carries out observations of teaching and learning for a range of providers as well as staff training on embedding maths and English.
- Author(s)Terry Sharrock
- PublisherCritical Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication15/01/2016
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleFurther Education
- Place of PublicationNorthwich
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCritical Publishing Ltd
- Weight202 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.