All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis book brings together some of the most important philosophical works on the body. These are then subjected to a critical analysis of what bodies 'do' and 'have done to them' in contemporary social life and particularly in education. The author ackwledges the importance of discursive bodies while focusing attention on the active, experiencing body and its anchoring in the 'creatural'. Thinking in these terms, the author argues, can better situate human beings in their environment, thus emphasizing a kind of 'ecological tion of subjectivity', in which place-based existence is understood anew.
- Author(s)Marjorie O'Loughlin
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication10/03/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitlePhilosophy and Education
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 15
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight459 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.