All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe drive to be #1 in a professional field or on a playing field is a powerful source of motivation for many people. Others place a higher priority on becoming a better person. Embracing Your Potential explains how to achieve excellence and balance in both the public/performance and personal/experiential domains of life. Both inspirational and practical, Embracing Your Potential shares the wisdom of elite athletes, performers, and people in highly demanding jobs. The book also features 30 exercises that can help readers discover their essential needs and motives and make meaningful, lasting changes to enrich their lives and boost their performance.
- Author BiographyWhen the first-ever all-women's team was selected for the America's Cup, the athletes were told they could select anyone in the world to work with them on strengthening their mental game. They chose Terry Orlick.Around the world, athletes, coaches, teachers, and performers know Terry Orlick as the best in his field. He has led the applied fields of mental training for excellence and quality living for the past twenty-five years. Terry has more experience working directly one-on-one with great performers on enhancing the consistency of their performance and the quality of their lives than anyone in the world. He has worked with thousands of Olympic and professional athletes, great surgeons, astronauts, top classical musicians, opera singers, dancers, performing artists, trial lawyers, business executives, mission control personnel, and others engaged in high stress careers. Terry is president of the International Society for Mental Training and Excellence and has received the highest award for excellence in teaching. He is the author of more than twenty highly acclaimed books and has created innovative programs for children and youth to develop humanistic perspectives and positive mental skills for living. He knows what it takes to get the best out of ourselves, to give our best to others, and to embrace our lives.
- Author(s)Terry Orlick
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/1998
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1998
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 30 black & white halftones
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.