Embracing the Other: The Transformative Spirit of Love by Grace Ji-Sun Kim (Paperback, 2015)
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionWe live in a time of great racial strife and global conflict. How do we work toward healing, reconciliation, and justice among all people, regardless of race or gender? In Embracing the Other Grace Ji-Sun Kim argues that it is possible only through God's Spirit. Working from a feminist Asian perspective, Kim develops a new constructive lobal pneumatology that works toward gender and racial-ethnic justice. Drawing on the concept of spiritbreath in Asian and indigeus cultures, she reimagines the divine as Spirit God who is restoring shalom in the world. This Spirit God concept, Kim says, provides a holistic understanding of both God and humans that extends beyond skin color, culture, religion, or power within society. Through the power of Spirit God our brokenness is healed and we can truly love and embrace the other.
- Author BiographyGrace Ji-Sun Kim is Associate Professor of Theology at Earlham School of Religion and a regular blogger on The Huffington Post. Her other books include The Grace of Sophia: A Korean North American Women's Christology and The Holy Spirit, Chi, and the Other: A Model of Global and Intercultural Pneumatology.
- Author(s)Grace Ji-Sun Kim
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication31/10/2015
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleProphetic Christianity Series
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.