Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionKey to the training of military pilots in World War II was the Miami-based Embry-Riddle Company, which cornered the professional aviation training market during the war years and became the standard for training pilots as well as instructors, mechanics, and aircraft factory workers. Embry Riddle at War examines the many components of aeronautical training, the evolution of a civilian company contributing to the war effort, the experiences and lives of those who participated in the school, and the crucial role Florida played in the war. Stephen Craft mines archival sources and the rich treasure trove of personal memories from the men who fought the greatest air war in history. Interviews with those who graduated from Embry-Riddle bring the story of life with rich and telling detail.
- Author BiographyStephen G. Craft, associate professor of social science at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, is the author of V. K. Wellington Koo and the Emergence of Modern China.
- Author(s)Stephen G. Craft
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleThe Florida History and Culture Series
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Note17 b/w photos, 3 maps
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Series Edited byRaymond Arsenault,Gary R. Mormino
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.