All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionDespite the obvious geographic importance of eastern Asia in human migration, its discussion in the context of the emergence and dispersal of modern humans has been rare. Emergence and Diversity of Modern Human Behavior in Paleolithic Asia focuses long-overdue scholarly attention on this under-studied area of the world. Arising from a 2011 symposium sponsored by the National Museum of Nature and Science in Tokyo, this book gathers the work of archaeologists from the Pacific Rim of Asia, Australia, and North America, to address the relative lack of attention given to the emergence of modern human behavior as manifested in Asia during the worldwide dispersal from Africa.
- Author BiographyYousuke Kaifu is the head of the Division of Human Evolution of the Department of Anthropology at the National Museum of Nature and Science in Tokyo, Japan, and is also affiliated with the department of biological sciences at the University of Tokyo. Masami Izuho is an associate professor of archaeology at Tokyo Metropolitan University, Japan. Ted Goebel is professor of anthropology and assistant director of the Center for the Study of the First Americans in the Department of Anthropology at Texas A&M University, USA. Hiroyuki Sato is a professor in the Department of Archaeology of the Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology at the University of Tokyo, Japan. Akira Ono is a professor of prehistoric archaeology, director of the Center for Obsidian and Lithic Studies, Meiji University, and emeritus professor at Tokyo Metropolitan University, Japan.
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- Series TitlePeopling of the Americas Publications
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content Note230 black & white photographs
- Weight2132 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byAkira Ono,Hiroyuki Sato,Masami Izuho,Ted Goebel,Yousuki Kaifu
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.