All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
About this product
- Description<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN > Educational systems worldwide are facing an ermous shift as a result of sociocultural, political, ecomic, and techlogical changes. The techlogies and practices that have developed over the last decade have been heralded as opportunities to transform both online and traditional education systems. While proponents of these new ideas often postulate that they have the potential to address the educational problems facing both students and institutions and that they could provide an opportunity to rethink the ways that education is organized and enacted, there is little evidence of emerging techlogies and practices in use in online education. Because researchers and practitioners interested in these possibilities often reside in various disciplines and academic departments the sharing and dissemination of their work across often rigid boundaries is a formidable task. Contributors to Emergence and Invation in Digital Learning include individuals who are shaping the future of online learning with their invative applications and investigations on the impact of issues such as openness, analytics, MOOCs, and social media. Building on work first published in Emerging Techlogies in Distance Education, the contributors to this collection harness the dispersed kwledge in online education to provide a one-stop locale for work on emergent approaches in the field. Their conclusions will influence the adoption and success of these approaches to education and will enable researchers and practitioners to conceptualize, critique, and enhance their understanding of the foundations and applications of new techlogies.
- Author Biography<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN > George Veletsianos is an associate professor at Royal Roads University and holds a Canada Research Chair in Innovative Learning and Technology. His research is dedicated to understanding the practices and experiences of learners, educators, and scholars in emerging online settings. His presentations, publications, and most recent thoughts on education can be found at www.veletsianos.com. Contributors to the volume include Terry Anderson, R. S. Baker, Angela D. Benson, Amy Collier, Alec Couros, Michael Dowdy, Margaret Edwards, B. J. Eib, Cassidy Hall, Katia Hildebrant, P. S. Inventado, Royce Kimmons, Trey Martindale, Rolin Moe, Beth Perry, Jen Ross, Elizabeth Wellburn, Andrew Whitworth.
- PublisherAU Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationEDMONTON
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAU Press
- Content Note8 b&w illustrations, 1 table
- Weight340 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byGeorge Veletsianos
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.