All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCritical care happens where it is needed, t just in the ICU. Patients with acute critical illness are often cared for initially in the ED, and the beginning actions can help alter outcomes hours, day and months later. This handbook targets selected common or high risk critical condition or therapies needed to optimize ED care, using the newest research and experiences from respected authors. Chapters are organized in a readable and user-friendly format, and each describes the topic, defines key terms, tes cutting edge and controversial aspects, and delivers pragmatic advice. Our goal is t to discuss every pathology and care option, but to focus on the key thoughts and actions that can drive care and improve the health of those I need.
- Author BiographyDr. Yealy is an award winning academic emergency physician with research, teaching and clinical experience in acute critical illness assessment and treatment. He has extensively published and lecture on illness severity assessment, prognosis, and early care for respiratory and airway failure, pneumonia, sepsis, heart failure and pulmonary embolism. Dr. Yealy is an editor or peer reviewer for many scientific journals and grant panels. He currently serves as Chair of Emergency Medicine and Professor of Emergency Medicine, Medicine and Clinical and Translational Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Clifton Callaway,Donald M. Yealy
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication09/08/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitlePittsburgh Critical Care Medicine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight270 g
- Width129 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.73Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.