All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionEmergent Computation emphasizes the interrelationship of the different classes of languages studied in mathematical linguistics (regular, context-free, context-sensitive, and type 0) with aspects to the biochemistry of DNA, RNA, and proteins. In addition, aspects of sequential machines such as parity checking and semi-groups are extended to the study of the Biochemistry of DNA, RNA, and proteins. Mention is also made of the relationship of algebraic topology, kt theory, complex fields, quaternions, and universal turing machines and the biochemistry of DNA, RNA, and proteins. Emergent Computation tries to avoid an emphasis upon mathematical abstraction ( elegance ) at the expense of igring scientific facts kwn to Biochemists. Emergent Computation is based entirely upon papers published by scientists in well-kwn and respected professional journals. These papers are based upon current research. A few examples of what is t igred to gain elegance : - DNA exists as triple and quadruple strands - Watson-Crick complementary bases have mismatches - There can be more than four bases in DNA - There are more than sixty-four codons - There may be more that twenty ami acids in proteins While Emergent Computation emphasizes bioinformatics applications, the last chapter studies mathematical linguistics applied to areas such as languages found in birds, insects, medical applications, anthropology, etc. Emergent Computation tries to avoid unnecessary mathematical abstraction while still being rigorous. The demands made upon the kwledge of chemistry or mathematics is minimized as well. The collected technical references are valuable in itself for additional reading.
- Author(s)Matthew Simon
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/01/2005
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleBiological and Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note274 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight818 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.