All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmerging Practice in Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy brings together some of the world's most influential contemporary psychotherapists in the field to look at the future of Focusing-oriented approaches. Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy - a form of therapy that involves listening to the innate wisdom of the body - is a dynamic and growing field that has evolved greatly since Eugene Gendlin first published the text Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy in 1996. This book explores recent invations such as Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy as a response to trauma, Wholebody Focusing, and how Focusing has been adapted in Japan and South Korea. One section looks at specific contemporary issues and emerging practical applications of Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy, such as how Focusing can be used in wellbeing counselling and to help decision making processes in counselling and therapy. By offering new alternatives to working effectively with difficult issues and specific client groups, this volume will appeal to a broad range of therapists, coaches, and other practitioners. Jessica Kingsley Publishers also publishes a companion volume, Theory and Practice of Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy: Beyond the Talking Cure, edited by Greg Madison .
- Author BiographyGreg Madison, AFBPsS is a registered psychotherapist, chartered counselling psychologist, coach, supervisor and mediator. He lectures worldwide on topics including Focusing, Experiential-Existential Psychotherapy, Embodied Self-Coaching for Business, Conflict Resolution, and contemporary experiences such as Cross-Cultural Relocation and the Meaning of Home. He has served on the faculties of FOT, Psychotherapy, and Counselling Psychology trainings in London, New York, Lisbon, and Edmonton. Greg has written extensively and is currently working on ways to integrate experiential awareness into activist and community groups. He divides his time between his life and work in Brighton and London, UK and his retreat in Andalucia, Spain.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/04/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note4 figures
- Weight444 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byGreg Madison
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.