All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces inclusive-cost-effective (ICE) approaches that have the potential to transform all aspects of daily lives of people at the base of the pyramid in the ecomic scale, who represent more than 75% of the world population. ICE means that the approaches must meet the affordability level at the base of the pyramid. This includes mobile banking and financial service techlogies, mobile education, rural information and communication techlogies, telemedicine, e-Health, and health social networks. This mograph is a compulsory reading for t only techlogy invators, but also ecomists, social entrepreneurs, development specialists, health specialists, bankers and researchers and policy thinkers on techlogy and ecomic development.
- Author BiographyDr John Vong has managed development projects for the World Bank IFC, UNDP, Asian Development Bank and Governments, and consulted for global banks and technology MNCs, in Southeast Asia. He implemented the first Bank MIS in Asia, started two banks, formulated banking strategies for five banks, designed a National ICT Project, and prepared government HR MIS. He is piloting technology innovations to deliver affordable services in education, finance and health care. He received a HRM Lifetime Achievement award in 2005 for his contribution to the Transitional Government of Timor Leste. Dr Insu Song has significant experience in research and development of embedded systems for health informatics, consumer electronics, information systems and communications systems. In 2011, he received the prestigious and competitive grant from Gates Foundation for a mobile telephony innovation to help parents in resource poor environment to monitor respiratory health problems of their children. He is currently developing a mobile hand-held device to improve learning in emerging countries. Dr. Insu received his PhD from University of Queensland Australia.
- Author(s)Insu Song,John Vong
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication28/12/2014
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Series TitleTopics in Intelligent Engineering and Informatics
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note49 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight502 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.