Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.59
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionEmerging Techlogies for Librarians: A Practical Approach to Invation focuses on the practical applications of emerging techlogies in libraries, defining the techlogies in the context of their use in real situations. Each chapter includes an overview of the use of emerging techlogies in a particular work area that is followed by a list of relevant applications. Chapters cover work areas such as advertising, distance learning, metadata. and digital libraries, and also focus on applications, including mobile computing and web conferencing, followed by a conclusion. This book serves as a guide for those interested in learning about, and implementing, the available techlogies that enhance library services, and also lists and discusses the types of emerging techlogies that are available for a specific area of work.
- Author BiographySharon Yang is Associate Professor/Systems Librarian at Rider University, Lawrenceville, New Jersey. She received her MS in 1986, Advanced Certificate for Librarianship in 1988, and DLS in 1997, all from the School of Library Service, Columbia University. Her research interests include library systems and technologies, discovery tools, emerging technologies, and the Semantic Web. She is the recipient of the 2012 Research Award from New Jersey Library Association and 2013 Liao Jing Best Research Award in All Media from the Chinese American Librarians Association. LiLi Li is an Associate Professor at Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA, USA.
- Author(s)Lili Li,Sharon Q. Yang
- PublisherWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication25/11/2015
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationWitney
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight330 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.