All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is volume 3: L-K, of a four-volume set. The complete four-volume set presents the careers of 320 women artists working in California, with more than 2,000 images, over the course of a century. Their work encompasses a broad range of stylesfrom the realism of the nineteenth century to the modernism of the twentiethand of media, including painting, sculpture, drawing, illustration and print-making. While some of the profiled artists are already well kwn, others have been previously igred or largely forgotten. Yet all had serious careers as artists: they studied, exhibited, and won awards. These women were trailblazers, each one essential to the momentum of a movement that opened the door for heartfelt expression and equality. Much of the information and many of the images in the book have never before been published. Artists are presented alphabetically; also included are additional primary sources that put the artists work in context.
- Author BiographyMaurine St. Gaudens, a historian, scholar, and proponent of the arts, has dedicated herself to the pursuit and recognition of artists. She is a fine arts conservator and has curated numerous exhibitions.
- Author(s)Maurine St. Gaudens
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication11/12/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note500+ colour illus
- Weight2225 g
- Width228 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Photographs byMartin A. Folb
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $36.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.