All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis series on Emigration from the United Kingdom to America concentrates on U.K. emigration in the period 1870-1897, listing migrants from the U.K. who arrived in New York. The original passenger lists transcribed by shipping agents and ship's officers and filed by all vessels entering U.S ports have been used in the preparation of Emigration from the United Kingdom to America. Presented in chrological order by each ship's date of arrival, these passenger lists provide the names of ships, ports of departure, and arrival and debarkation dates. The researcher can also locate data regarding a person's age, sex, and occupation, as well as village of origin and destination when reported.
- Author BiographyIra Glazier is the former Director of The Center for Migration Research at The Balch Institute for Ethnic Studies and Immigration. He is currently the director of castlegarden.org for The Battery Conservancy in New York.
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication13/06/2008
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleEmigration from the United Kingdom to America
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight953 g
- Width165 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byIra A. Glazier
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.