All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>A witty, candid, sharply written memoir by the cofounder of Steely Dan</b> In his entertaining debut as an author, Donald Fagen musician, songwriter, and cofounder of Steely Dan reveals the cultural figures and currents that shaped his artistic sensibility, as well as offering a look at his college days and a hilarious account of life on the road. Fagen presents the eminent hipsters who spoke to him as he was growing up in a bland New Jersey suburb in the early 1960s; his colorful, mind-expanding years at Bard College, where he first met his musical partner Walter Becker; and the agonies and ecstasies of a recent cross-country tour with Michael McDonald and Boz Scaggs. Acclaimed for his literate lyrics and complex arrangements as a musician, Fagen here proves himself a sophisticated writer with his own distinctive voice.
- Author Biography<b>Donald Fagen</b> s writing has appeared in <i>Premiere</i>, <i>Slate</i>, <i> Harper s Bazaar</i>, and <i>Jazz Times</i>. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Donald Fagen
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication28/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight136 g
- Width130 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.