Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.10+ AU $11.90 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by marlowes_books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by expressbooksaustralia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.80
About this product
- DescriptionBeloved and bestselling author Alexander McCall Smith lends his delightful touch to the Austen classic, Emma. 'It's comfort reading at its most soothing' Independent Prepare to meet a young woman who thinks she kws everything. Fresh from university, Emma Woodhouse triumphantly arrives home in Norfolk ready to embark on adult life with a splash. Not only has her sister, Isabella, been whisked away on a motorcycle up to London, but her astute governess, Miss Taylor is at a loose end, abandoned in the giant family pile, Hartfield, alongside Emma's anxiety-ridden father. Someone is needed to rule the roost and young Emma is more than happy to oblige. As she gets her fledgling design business off the ground, there is plenty to delight her in the buzzing little village of Highbury. At the helm of her own dinner parties and instructing her new little protegee, Harriet Smith, Emma reigns forth. But there is only one person who can play with Emma's indestructible confidence, her old friend and inscrutable neighbour George Knightley - this time has Emma finally met her match? You don't have to be in London to go to parties, find amusement or make trouble. Not if you're Emma, the very big fish in the rather small pond. But for a young woman who kws everything, Emma has a lot to learn about herself. Ever alive to the uproarious nuances of human behaviour, and both the pleasures and pitfalls of village life, beloved author Alexander McCall Smith's Emma is the busybody we all kw and love, and a true modern delight.
- Author BiographyLike Mr Woodhouse, Alexander McCall Smith is the father of two daughters. Unlike Mr Woodhouse, he achieved global recognition in 1999 for his award-winning series The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency, and he now devotes his time to the writing of fiction, including the 44 Scotland Street and the Isabel Dalhousie series. He is the author of over eighty books on a wide array of subjects, and his work has been translated into forty-six languages. Before becoming a full-time writer he was for many years Professor of Medical Law at Edinburgh University and served on national and international bioethics bodies. He lives in Edinburgh with his wife Elizabeth, a doctor.
- Author(s)Alexander McCall Smith
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Borough Press
- Out-of-print date17/04/2015
- Weight550 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.