All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionEmma Woodhouse, handsome, clever, and rich. Also, rather spoiled, and overly-confident in her matchmaking abilities with the residents of her village in Highbury. Though convinced that she herself will never marry, Emma sets out to find an eligible match for her new friend, Harriet Smith. But matters of the heart are never simple. Emma's obsession with finding Harriet the perfect partner leads her into a complex tangle of intrigues, misunderstandings, and conflicts of interest, after several new admirers come to the fore...admirers whose sights are set upon the wrong woman. Jane Austen's charming vel of love, friendship, and social grace is a timeless classic - as poignant and riveting today as it has been for generations of readers since its initial publication.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1775, Jane Austen lived her entire life as part of a close-knit family located on the lower fringes of the English gentry. From 1811 until 1816, with the release of Sense and Sensibility (1811), Pride and Prejudice (1813), Mansfield Park (1814) and Emma (1816), she achieved success as a published writer. She wrote two additional novels, Northanger Abbey and Persuasion, both published posthumously in 1818. Her work was not widely read until the late nineteenth century, and her fame grew from then on. The second half of the twentieth century saw a flourishing of Austen scholarship and the emergence of a Janeite fan culture. Known for her wit and sharp insight into social conventions, Austen's novels about love, relationships, and society have earned her a place in history as one of the most cherished writers in English literature.
- Author(s)Jane Austen
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication24/08/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date24/05/2013
- Weight463 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.