All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe text of this Norton Critical Edition of Emma is based on the 1816 edition published by John Murray. George Justice has lightly and judiciously emended the text for faithfulness and clarity. The vel is accompanied by detailed antations as well as facsimiles of the 1816 title and dedication pages. Backgrounds collects a wealth of source material, much of it new to this edition. Reviews and Criticism includes twelve major interpretations of the vel. A chrology and bibliography are also included.
- Author BiographyJane Austen (1775-1817) was an English novelist whose works of romantic fiction, set among the gentry, earned her a place as one of the most widely read writers in English literature. George Justice is Vice Provost for Advanced Studies and Dean of the Graduate School as well as Professor of English at the University of Missouri-Columbia. He is the author of The Manufacturers of Literature: Writing and the Literary Marketplace in Eighteenth-Century England as well as essays and reviews on books related to eighteenth-century literature and culture. He is editor, with Albert J. Rivero, of the scholarly journal The Eighteenth-Century Novel. He is co-editor of Women's Writing and Circulation of Ideas: Manuscript Publication in English, 1550-1800.
- Author(s)George Justice,Jane Austen,Stephen M. Parrish
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication28/10/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleNorton Critical Editions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight468 g
- Width130 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGeorge L. Justice
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.