All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
About this product
- DescriptionDeath affects all aspects of life, it touches our emotions and influences our identity. Presenting a kaleidoscope of informative views of death, dying and human response, this book reveals how different disciplines contribute to understanding the theme of death. Drawing together new and established scholars, this is the first book among the studies of emotion that focuses on issues surrounding death, and the first among death studies which focuses on the issue of emotion. Themes explored include: themes of grief in the ties that bind the living and the dead, funerals, public memorials and the art of consolation, obituaries and issues of war and death-row, use of the internet in dying and grieving, what people do with cremated remains, new rituals of spiritual care in medical contexts, themes bounded and expressed through music, and more.
- Author BiographyDouglas Davies, Professor in the Study of Religion and Director of The Centre for Death and Life Studies, Durham University. Chang-Won Park, Honorary Research Associate, The Centre for Death and Life Studies, Durham University and Senior Research Fellow, Institute for the Study of Religion, Sogang University, South Korea. Douglas J. Davies,Chang-Won Park, Tim Bullamore, Eva Jeppsson Grassman, Eva Reimers, Tim Hutchings, Arnar Arnarson, Tamara Kohn, Jacque Lynn Foltyn, Christina Marsden Gillis, Thomas Quartier, Meike Heessels, Mirjam Klaassens, Peter Groote, Eric Venbrux, Hyun-Ah Kim, Wolfgang Marx, John Troyer.
- Author(s)Chang-Won Park
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2012
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 21 b&w illustrations and 10 musical examples
- Weight610 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byProfessor Douglas J. Davies
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.